Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What makes a best selling Author!

Ever wonder what makes an Author a  number one best seller? The technique or style they use perhaps? I don't think so! This is a question I have asked myself numerous times. I was driving home tonight with a situation on my mind that had nothing to do with reading, or Writers, when it hit me! It's who they are! Their signature! Example ( Liz Crowe)! A Friend of mine invited her into my book group a couple of months ago, and asked me to read her Stewart Realty Series...Well, the first thing I thought was, "I'm not interested in Real estate" *Insert eye roll* She DEMANDED I read it, saying "It's awesome" So I bought Floor Time...My God, it was so incredible! I experienced emotions on a level I have rarely experienced with another Author! I quickly became engrossed! Book 2, Sweat Equity was even more intense than book 1!! By the time I read Closing Cost I was pretty obsessed with Jack and Sara's story! I felt it came full circle! I just finished Essence of Time, book 4 and I must say, Liz did it again, only better!! She has such a unique personality, such a brilliant mind that comes out in her stories! My point here is...I could pick up a thousand books without titles and names and tell you which one She wrote! She moved up to my top 5 favorite Author list just one week after starting her first book! Liz Crowe in my opinion, is number one best selling Author material, hands down!! I look forward to her next masterpiece!!

17 comments:

  1. I agree with you Ditter....Liz Crowe's books are works of art. They took me emotionally to places I hadn't been to in a long, long time. Reading them was an adventure in love and longing that I thoroughly enjoyed and intend to continue with her next book. She is one if my top favorite authors as well. Liz Crowe I bow to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She pushes the boundaries! Her writing is bold, J.R Wardish with a twist! She's truly one of the greats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read her, and yes, I agree - any author who can envoke such high levels if emotion and send you through the ringer (in the best way possible of course) deserves to be on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very passionate about Liz! She's amazing!

      Delete
  4. A great author is one that takes you somewhere, and usually has a unique voice. If you forget where you are, forget your body exists, that's when you've been transported into their mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Ditter! I'll keep writing, if you will keep reading.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always looking for something good to read so I'll definitely be checking out Liz's books! It's on my bucket list to write a book, so I'm always interested in other readers' opinions on what makes a compelling story. Thanks for posting this! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, You will love Liz Crowe!! Highly recommended!

      Delete
  7. I love that support comes thru word of mouth. I too always listen to my friends when they recommend books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to reading her series...I've heard so many things about her and her work. Wonderful post...You are truly so supportive of the author world and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Savannah! Without Authors, My brain would starve to death :)

      Delete
    2. Well we can't have a starving brain...Books you need books...

      Delete
  9. An author that writes a book where the characters won't leave me alone is a winner for me! I fall asleep thinking about them and can't wait to open the book again because I wonder where they're going to take me next. Liz Crowe is definitely one of those authors whose characters keep me up late at night.

    So happy to see you in the blogosphere Ditter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina! Congratulations on the new house!

      Delete

Love feedback!