Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fantasy VS Reality----Thoughts?

In everyday life we tend to fantasize. No one knows we are doing it. It can happen in the middle of a meeting...in class...in bed with someone... Having a conversation with a friend, Watching T.V...eating dinner...etc etc. What makes us fantasize? Is life really that bad? I believe we fantasize for different reasons, but ultimately it's because we are not satisfied! Something is missing in our lives that bring the fantasy world into play! Do you fantasize...or are you a realist? How about in your reading material? I like a little of both and I will be the first to admit that I fantasize quite often! Reality sometimes sucks the big one! How deep into fantasy do you go? I noticed in my group yesterday, someone wrote a book about sexy Zombies! 0_o Yeah....
A few months ago I read a couple of books by Dawn Montgomery in her WTF Dragon series. Dragon shifters, now there is a fantasy! In reality, would I want a Dragon shifter? I would have said, um no...That was until I read No Dragon No problem! I believe I would have to keep Dash! He was beyond delicious! The humor was way too cute also! Book 3 is in the works I hear...Another welcome addition to my fantasy! ;) On a more serious note, if my life was perfect and I had all I wanted or needed...I'd still want a taste of Dash! haha~

15 comments:

  1. Isn't fantasy also just a creativity side? As a fiction writer, I'm merely putting a fantasy down on paper and then sharing it with the world. There is nothing wrong with that, its something we learn as children, to escape with our imaginations. To think up new places, new people and impossible ideas that in fantasy become real.

    I remember often as a child after playing out some game, how good I would feel. I think fantasy can be fun in the right hands, and also maybe at the right time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, what a great comment!!! I love fantasy myself and I thank you for writing it for us!

      Delete
  2. Ditter, wow! Thank you. I'm so glad you liked the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the books Dawn! Would you be open for an interview soon?

      Delete
    2. Definitely! Send me an email and we'll work it out.

      Delete
  3. Great article!!! I believe fantasies can fuel our desires. Some of the greatest music, art, and inventions were born from fantasy. I once read an interview with Steven King and he said ideas come to him by fantasizing the what if game. The idea for Cujo came to him by thinking "what if this dog got bite and etc.." and of course erotic fantasy very important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deneen!!! Fantasy is very important!!

      Delete
  4. We fantasize to take our mind off reality and sometimes the things that are eating us up. It is good to fantasize and get lost in books as long as these fantasies don't take over your life and destroy you. To fantasize is to live, they can add amazing things to our life. Ff we don't fantasize we might miss out on some wonderful things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes sense Savannah! I think everyone does it....

      Delete
  5. Fantasy gives us the escape from everyday problems, worries and troubles. I think it also gives us the 'more' of what we are. I will see myself as stronger, braver, sexier than real life. sometimes it carries over to reality. i feel stronger and sometimes better about who, what and where i am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, I think we all do that. It gives us the courage sometimes to do things we normally wouldnt do!

      Delete
  6. Great insight, and great book too I speak for myself when I say that I fantacize alot. I fantacize to fill voids in my life, but it gives me something life cnat. It can give me control to give me exactly what i want. I have always had an over active imagination and even had imaginary friends growing up. However through my fantacies it has also allowed me to know what it is in life I truly want. It has made me more passionate, more daring, more creative with my normal plain and ordinary life. Besides, with so many hot ass books how could I ever stop fantacizing. haha. Now, you know me and there is a song in my mind for everything. Now, I have in my mind (kickin it old school) good ole Aldo Nova "fantasy" "Life is just a fantasy..can you live the fantasy life" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Tonya! I love that song! I too have an over active imagination... ;)

      Delete
  7. To fantasize you have to have a thought. For a reality to come about it starts from the seed of a thought. Both come from thoughts and a fantasy can become a reality when the thought is put into action.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicole!! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Love feedback!