Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Magic of the internet!

So, we live in the cyber era...Not a bad thing really, considering it has enabled me to travel to the ends of the earth still in my pajamas! I have heard many of the older generation express their negative thoughts without first experiencing the joys of the cyber world! "When I was growing up, we shook hands and spoke eye to eye" Or, "If I want to talk to someone, I just pick up the phone" Here's a really good one... "When I was a child, I walked 10 miles in the snow with no shoes" ~.^ Well, let me break it down for you... When the radio was invented, "It's of the devil" Its evil, I'll not have that in my home!!" Again ~.^ Then came the Television! Oh my, talk about evil!! *Insert eye roll* Before you knew it, not only did you have a radio, a phone and a T.V..But  I would be willing to bet the farm your car has a CD player also!! :) I would like to express myself ... Are you paying attention?!?!  I have connected to some incredible People around the world, I would never have had the pleasure of knowing without this Monitor with a keyboard! My life has exploded forward at a pace that is mind blowing, and I'm loving every minute of it! *Waves to New York Times and USA TODAY* ;) Hundreds of fabulous Authors, Publishers, fellow Bloggers, Reviewers, Inspiring, motivating People, and most important of all...THE READERS!! You are the ones who truly rock! You make all of this happen for all of the above mentioned! Laurann Dohner...I mean wow...One of the greats, not to mention my #1 Author and Creator of all things Species!!! Liz Crowe...Incredible Author and Creator of Jack Gordon!! Dawn Montgomery...Author and Creator of my favorite Dragon shifters!! The Internet made it possible for me to connect to these amazing People spread out all over the world! I for one am humbled by it.

16 comments:

  1. The world is amazed to have you. you have connected to many people together and have created so many friendships. I'm thrilled to know you and blessed to have you as a friend. If it were not for the net we would have never met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Savannah! I just recently read one of your books, and I must say...It was a jam up read! I loved it and will be reading more of your work very soon!!

      Delete
  2. Roger that! The internet has opened up the world for authors that might not ever have had a chance of being published traditionally. This, in turn, opens up the readers to tons of literature not available fifteen or twenty years ago, and that is the greatest gift for a society that loves to read and immerse themselves in an alternative reality for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree, Mark! You also have a great read out "Road Rage" I loved it!! Keep writing!!!

      Delete
  3. All I have to say is BIG hugs and kisses to you because your huge heart chose to take us along with you. If it wasn't for you, I would have never read and fallen in love with these authors. You enabled me to read so many amazing authors and interact with them. You have shared your passion with us and I for one am very, very grateful and humbled by you. I bow to your passion and vision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pammie!! You have been a rock for me so many times and I love you for that!! Hugs back Mama Bear!

      Delete
  4. I'm hoping this will post. Lol..Mark is absolutely correct and I am honored to be a part of this group and having the opportunity to be exposed to great authors their work and more..great people who are supportive ..non judgemental..and who accepts you for who you are. There are no expectations which allow people to be who they are. I haven't met any of my customers in the 13 years I have worked for my company...bottom line..they are real people. Thank you Ditter ! Lots Of Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri!! I love you dearly...Beautiful Lady!

      Delete
  5. I love it! I am also honored be a part of the group. It's inspiring all the things Ditter does for us for NOTHING. I have met beople in this group that I talk to more than people I talk to RL, and I honestly consider them FRIENDS. I can't wait to participated in events in real life with the authors I have met online. Connections don't have to be in "REAL LIFE." It's awesome when they cross over, but you can meet someone online and form a lasting relationship. LOVE YOU DITTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissy!!!! It's been an honor knowing all of you! I cant wait for DitterCon!!!! Love you Chrissy!

      Delete
  6. I am always excited when I see your blogs. I have encountered many wonderful people throughout my life. And now thanks to cyber world, I have met so many more. And as you put it, we would never have had this opportunity to meet more wonderful people and have such lasting friendships. I am so very happy for you Ditter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, I feel the same!! You must come to DitterCon with us!!

      Delete
  7. I'm honored to make your list!!! Your group has been just amazing. It's so awesome to be surrounded by people who love reading as much as I do. And I can't tell you how many new reading addictions you've passed on to me! My TBR keeps expanding and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I love having my Queens with me daily!! *Bows*

      Delete
  8. thanks for the mention dear.
    I appreciate your support as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the worlds greats! Thanks for the books! :)

      Delete

Love feedback!