Friday, September 14, 2012

Friends....

What makes a friend....To me, it's someone that makes you feel good..That's there when you need or want to talk. A person, be it male or female, that makes you smile, laughs and cries with you when you hurt. A friendship should be 50/50, equal amounts of giving on both parts. It's hard sometimes to know when the friendship isn't going to work, no matter how much you may want it to. If you are picking up on hints they want you to leave them alone, or to back off, it probably means that they do. I suppose not everyone is meant for you, even when you cant understand why. They obviously have their reasons and those reasons should be respected without causing hard feelings. I have seen some of this in my time and have recently experienced it myself. The only advice I can give is this...If they are pulling away, or avoiding you, it means they are trying to avoid you without hurting your feelings or causing more problems..so do as they want and leave them alone. It may be difficult to do and it does hurt, but it's called respect. We should always respect others feelings, no matter how we feel it affects our own. Everyone has a fear of rejection to some degree, but to keep your pride intact, I say bow out gracefully.

12 comments:

  1. And sometimes things will straighten out after there's been some space. It can be so darn hard to do, but you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it something I said??? teehee When you find a friend, hold on tight.
    “Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.” ― William Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditter, I agree with you. You generally know when the other person wants his/her space....they always have something else going on, or the timing just isn't quite right...you know when someone is pulling away.....and to chase after them is a form of disrespect. I have just recently learned this and while it is extremely painful....I must respect it.....I will respect it. To do anything less would be humiliating for me. I know where my close friends are and I know they want me around. They have proven that over and over....to chase after a whim is folly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs Pammie Bear...Everything will work out...I promise! <3

      Delete
  4. Gosh...I could sure use to take this advice. I am one hard headed fool sometimes when i like a person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both...even when they dont want us there...

      Delete
  5. Friends are hard to find and keep for life. Some don't truly understand what it is to be a friend and don't give. I think that the term gets used too loosely even if people are really not friends. You give what you want to get back. Equal from both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Ditter, but I find it do hard to leave a friend on their own. I believe I am here on this earth to make people that are in my life better. The bible says to lay down your life for your friend, and I would if it came to that. But I would also respect their wishes if they want to step away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has happened to me so many times in my life. Things will be going great with the friend wanting to hang out all the time seeking ME out and then all of a sudden they disappear and are hard to reach. OR they want to be with me or around me all the time, but then I notice them taking, taking, taking . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Love feedback!