Thursday, February 28, 2013

My review of Moon-by Laurann Dohner


                 Review of Moon—book 10. New Species series by Laurann Dohner


It's no secret I am a huge Species fan. Just like any other series, I have my favorites. Justice (Book 4) has always had my heart. Moon may have pushed him out of the saddle for that position...or come frighteningly close. If you read Shadow (Book 9) You are aware Moon was shot with an unknown drug that has everyone scrambling around trying to find an antidote. He is feral and unable to recognize anyone or comprehend what is taking place.

Justice calls in Doctor Joyce Yards, Moons previous therapist when he was newly freed from Mercile Industries. He was known as 466 during those sessions. Moon and Joy have a complicated definition of their relationship, which has left him resentful. (I apologize for being vague. Avoiding spoilers). Justice is hopeful of Joy's ability to help Moon, due to their past encounters.

Joy couldn't forget 466, so when she is called to help, she doesn't hesitate. She will risk anything to save him...her job, family, even her life. She regrets what had to be done in the past, but she had no choice. Moon and Joy are reunited under frightening circumstances, that both amaze and scare the hell out of the therapist. Joy can only pray she can save his life, win his trust, and maybe his heart in the process.

In my opinion, this was one of the deepest books in the Species series. It's dark, very emotional, and full of heart stopping scenes. I found it incredibly hot and tender. It brought me to tears on more than one occasion. There are also laugh out loud moments involving Harley, Moon's best friend. One of the things I enjoyed most was the interaction with not just Moon and Joy, but the entire cast of characters Laurann brought in from previous books. It is non stop action from beginning to end. With that said, I have no doubt a lot of you are dying to know about the heat level. (Grin) On a scale of 1-10...I give it a 15. Yes, ladies...it's a scorcher!! Great plot...very well thought out. Extremely intense scenes with just the right amount of realism. You won't be disappointed. Highly recommend this 5star read!

22 comments:

  1. Damn I need this book, elloras cave hurry up with a release date lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol April 30th isn't far off now!

      Delete
  2. Joy! I love that! Tee hee! I can't wait to read it!

    Joy Maner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I thought about you when I read the name also :)

      Delete
  3. Very excited to read this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you, Megs! It's SO good!

      Delete
  4. You and I have the same favorite New Species book! I can't wait for this book so I can talk about it on my blog. I'm a huge fan of Laurann Dohner's books just like you. Great review!

    Adria
    Adria's Romance Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! I'm a huge fan of Dohner's books and I have read every one of them! I can't wait to read Moon, and now I'm itching after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to get this book!!! Almost done Shadow!!! Can't wait!!! One of the best series that I've read in a long time!!!! Each book gets better and better!!!! Keep it up, Laurann, you've got an incredible gift and it's a joy to read it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish they would make movies! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous review!! Can't wait for Moon to be released!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooooooooooo.....Excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know Ditter this was is so wrong on so many levels, one being that YOU have read it already and posted this HUGE teaser...groan! Lady, now we have to wait... :-( It sounds so good! Now I have to go re-read Shadow to prepare..

    Thanks for sharing the review Ditter.... :-) LOL

    Belinda G

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear April has been the longest month ever! Is it release day yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear April has been the longest month ever! Is it release day yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I AM MORE EXCITED to read the book since I read your blog. I want to know the story of Moon and will he be back to be the friendly, tough guy we know from Slade and Obsidian? Damn! can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I just want to know which NS will have his/her story told next.

    ReplyDelete

Love feedback!