Saturday, March 9, 2013

Neighbor Chronicles-Take 13

       Where did I leave off....Oh yes, Cock eye was being led off my porch to be questioned. As he got to the bottom step, he turned back and met my eyes. The words he spoke next, made me uneasy... "We'll continue or poker game later. You may want to fold, I never bluff" My brother was still standing behind me and the sudden lurch forward from him scared the shit out of me. I put my arm out to stop him from doing something stupid and going to jail. He just looked at me and said "You have to move. You can't stay here and risk him hurting you or worse, your son". That made me pause. I knew he was right. I had to move before this got too far out of hand. I had no idea what my crazy neighbors were capable of and suddenly, I didn't want to find out.
         The next day passed without incident. I didn't see any sign of the wife, so I assumed she was still incarcerated. My brother packed a few things and moved in with me for a week. He was really concerned about eyeballs. We began looking for a place to move to as soon as my lease was up (Which wasn't for another 2 months).  Every time I left for work, he would stand on his porch and stare at me with a smile on his face. That scared me more than anything had previously. Not to mention it made him appear insane (Could have been the whole eye thing responsible for that).
         After picking my son up from school and stopping by the convenient store for a few items, I headed home. This was on a Wednesday, if I recall. My brother was still at work, so there was no one home. I had my keys in hand to unlock the door, but it was open. I immediately took my son by the hand and ran back to the car. My heart was pounding and I dialed the police, never taking my eyes off the front door. I locked our doors and started the ignition while we waited on the cops to arrive. They pulled in after a few minutes and entered my house. We remained in the vehicle until they gave the all clear sign.
        With dread I climbed out, holding my sons hand and walked up on the porch. The officers who had entered my home, met me at the door. My hand slapped over my mouth the second I stepped inside. I couldn't believe it.....
   

10 comments:

  1. Not sure I like where this is going....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wasn't nice, but there was retaliation. :-)

      Delete
  2. Grrrr...lol... You are such a tease!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no you didunt! Girl, you're giving me a heart attack here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, Ditter! Cant leave us hanging like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll write another take today lol

      Delete
  5. No doubt. No fair. But I love retaliation. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete

Love feedback!