Saturday, March 16, 2013

Neighbor Chronicles-Take 14

         I stared in horror at the devastation in my living room. My refrigerator was standing open and most of the contents were gone. I suppose you could say they were still there, just not in the neat order I had them originally  They were poured and smeared all over my furniture. Eggs, milk, jelly, butter...You name it! It was horrible and I had to fight back tears. It wasn't like I could afford new furniture.
       
         The police took a report, questioning me about motive. Did I have any idea who would do this and why? They finger printed and walked around the outside looking for evidence of the guilty party. I of course had reached my limit and told them of the war that had been going on for almost a year. After gathering all the information they needed, they informed me they would investigate. I knew there was nothing they could do. I had no proof they did it and the police were painfully aware of that fact also. They finally took their leave and I began the painstaking chore of cleaning up the disaster.

         The more I scrubbed and threw things out, the more enraged I became. I was moving soon, but there was no way in hell I was allowing them to go unpunished. My brother eventually came home. He stood in the door for quite some time with a blank look. I recited what had happened as quickly as possible, while still cleaning up the destruction left by cock eye. I watched his face go from shock to pissed off instantly. He spun around to go over there but my next words stopped him. "No, don't. You will go to jail and he gets away with this". We argued about it for a few minutes until I said "Tit for tat". He calmed instantly and asked "What do you have in mind?" I just smiled and replied "Let's just say I'm going out with a bang."

         Our plan was put in motion that night. My brother called a friend of his to enlist his help. My hands needed to remain clean, you realize *Grin*. We waited until they left for church that following Sunday before we struck. Satisfied with the results we wait patiently for their arrival. I had already been packing to move. With the two police reports, we were able to break the lease early. It was time to go before someone got hurt. Vengeance was mine, however. We heard their car pull in to the drive, and jumped to the window like  a couple of crackheads to watch the show. Cock eye unlocked the door and stood back for his hellion to enter first. The howl of rage that came next was like a balm to my soul. Eyeballs came running back out and my brother and I made eye contact. We stared at each other for a second before laughter bubbled up...Then the unthinkable happened.......

       
      

15 comments:

  1. Haha, you just love to keep us hanging... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....It's a terrible habit, isn't it? <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't leave me hanging! You sure you dont write for tv-you know, the kind of writers that make me wait until next season?
    BTW, this guy is nuts! Scary, scary kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao@ writing for T.V. Remind me tomorrow and I'll write more! <3

      Delete
  4. Ditter! You're so mean! I wanna know what happened and I wanna know NOW, dammit! *stumps foot*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sad to admit, but I couldn't possibly be the only one who looks forward to reading these. I do understand the whole "neighbor from hell" situation, with the fear and anger, yet, this is absolutely the best story ever. I do however, hate being left hanging. But as always, I am always smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you look forward to reading them, as I enjoy writing them lol

      Delete

Love feedback!