Friday, May 3, 2013

Who is Jaid Black?



          My name is Ditter Kellen...and I'm an Ellora's Cave author. Most of you know me as Ditterthegreat or According to Ditter in my groups. I have been promoting and reviewing books for quite some time, so it was no surprise to run across Jaid Black on Twitter or Facebook. I've tweeted her, laughed with her and had conversations with her...never knowing who she really was.
         Ellora's Cave was a dream come true for me. It's common knowledge among the authors I mingle with, EC is top of the line and desired by many. To be published by them is an honor and I'm proud to carry the name on my books. I've known for some time now that Jaid was the owner of Ellora's Cave. What I didn't know was how she'd built it from the ground up...with 200 dollars.
        Women like her are a rare breed and I'm in awe of the determination and strength it took for her to do what she did. This beautiful, brave lady, paved the way and built the foundation for me to do what I do.
        I was on the phone last night with a friend and fellow author, who told me the amazing story of how Ellora's Cave was born. Why had I never heard this before? I mean seriously, it's huge. We know who invented cars, who wrote Twilight, Starred in Lethal weapon, killed the president...hell, we even know who invented the toilet...but one woman creates the first e-book publishing house, making it possible for erotic romance to finally have a voice...and she's not recognized world wide?
       I'm sure a lot of you reading this are aware of how it happened, but I wasn't. She was the first...The original...The beginning of it all. I for one would like to say, thank you, Jaid Black...for having the guts to live your dream....And giving me the chance to live mine.
      I snagged this video off YouTube. Please watch it. It's a briefing of her story...It's interesting, informing and humorous. Kudos to her!


Enjoy~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VT5j5j7foI

18 comments:

  1. Great blog!! Loved the vid!! I first read Jaid Black in the Something Wicked This Way Comes Anthology. And fell in love with her writing. Ellora's Cave is amazing and it is what led me to meeting you, Ditter and wonderful author's and their wonderful books. I'd like to say Thank You to Jaid also for following her dream. It's inspiring and and the result is bringing passion and joy to myself and countless others. Kudos indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! How inspiring it is to see people make their dreams come true. Of course it takes a lot of blood sweat tears and pure dedication but it just goes to show that anyone can do it. I am truly grateful as I thank you Jaid Black for pursuing your dream and publishing some of the most amazing books and authors that I have read. Love your Cavemen also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!! How could I leave out the Cavemen?? Bless them!! :D

      Delete
  3. Great blog Ditter! Jaid Black is definitely an amazing woman and an inspiration to all to remember to always believe in yourself and follow that dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thank you for posting, lovely Maggie <3

      Delete
  4. Totally awesome!!! What a great story. :D I love the video. It had me cracking up the whole time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is...I'm still sitting here gaping.

      Delete
  5. A true inspiration for the women of today.

    Never give up on your dream and your success will then allow others to realize theirs'

    Thank You, my life would be so much less interesting without Ellora's Cave books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still walking around in a daze!! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  6. BOY HOWDY!!!! Jade is the poster child for "YOU CAN DO IT!"
    I absolutely adore her work and do not know what I would do if EC was not there!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the books!!!!!
    Thanks for bringing Jade's story to light, Ditter!!! THANKS JADE for NEVER giving up!!!
    YOU F*CKING ROCK!!!!!
    *MUAH*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She damn well better go down in history!
      Thanks for commenting! Muah!

      Delete
  7. Awesome blog. Jaid Black is definitely an amazing woman. She certainly has my respect. I'm so glad you shared her story. A woman whom w can look up to and learn from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure...Thank you for commenting, Denise!! <3

      Delete
  8. Such an inspiration! I for one am so very thankful that she never gave up. Without Ellora’s Cave, I would not have read some of the best written stories ever! She made history when she started EC and should be known all over for it. I love how people wrote her back saying.. “People don’t want to read words like cock, dick, pussy and cunt.” Uh.. yeah we do!

    Bravo Jaid Black. I hope for lots of success for EC and all of EC writers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tonya!! I'm thankful also!! <3

      Delete
  9. Amazing blog but even more of an amazing story. There are those people who come along and share thier story and as you listen you find yourself in complete awe. I am at that moment right now. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tonya!! I always Love reading your comments!!

      Delete

Love feedback!