Saturday, January 11, 2014

Latest review of Ember Burns!



5.0 out of 5 stars Sex, Mystery and Humor all make for a great read, January 11, 2014
By Walker "Doug Fiedor" (Michigan) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Ember Burns (The Seeker) (Kindle Edition)
Ember Burns is the first book in The Seeker series by Ditter Kellen. I really didn’t know quite what to expect. Let’s face it, I have never read a romance novel and have not read an erotic book since the early 1960s when I was in France and then I only read them because we couldn’t get them here.

Ember Burns opens with a little bit of backstory about murder and photographs. This was done nicely. It adds a taste of mystery but also foreshadows some. And yes, there is some humor. Early on, the humor is about someone the gals think is a lurker and/or gauker and of course best friends sneaking around spying on someone. Of course, I was laughing about the sneaky women, not the guy.

I’ll not give the storyline away here, but the mystery begins when someone sends Ember, a photojournalist, photos of a murder. You’ll have to read the novel to understand why sending photos to a photojournalist could possibly be construed as not being a good thing.

Ember Burns is a great play on a name for this photojournalist, too. She’s a hot one! Almost as s soon as she meets her new next door neighbor, the clothes hit the floor and things start getting very steamy. There are a few things about that I found somewhat humorous. But I can’t describe them here because that would give too much of the story away.

This novella is a joy to read on a Kindle, a tablet, and even my Note II phone. The writing and dialogue is great and the formatting is excellent for electronic gadgets. However, there is a major cliffhanger at the end

http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Burns-Seeker-Ditter-Kellen-ebook/dp/B00H8BP5BS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389492286&sr=8-1&keywords=ditter+kellen

1 comment:

Love feedback!